After 2 months of project work with the boat out of the water, we were finally able to launch Wild Horses…almost 10 days ago. Why the delay in writing about it? Well, it has been, without a doubt, the busiest of times for us. Ontario’s latest lockdown had pushed all of our major events into the same week. The closing date of my parents’ house + boat launch + the permanent move onto the boat = long days and lots of driving between Trenton (where the house is) and Bath (where the boat is) and lots of packing and unpacking.
Here are the highlights of our past few weeks of chaos…
Oh, and launch. This went smooth as silk. The yard crew at Loyalist Cove are amazing and easily hoisted Wild Horses out of her steel cradle and into the water. Mike did a quick check for leaks (there were none) and then we were off to a temporary slip at Loyalist Cove for a few days. While our original plan was to launch Wild Horses and then leave immediately for our permanent slip at Trident Yacht Club, we had to scrap that plan due to the Ontario lockdown. Trident Yacht Club wasn’t going to have our docks in place until after the closing date of my parents’ house. Four days of homelessness? Loyalist Cove to the rescue. They were fabulous about letting us stay (free of charge) at one of their few slips that can accommodate our size of boat. Now it is lots of unpacking, organizing and ruthless downsizing as we try to fit our land life back into boat life. We are now living on the boat for the foreseeable future!
Victoria is a hiker, dog-lover, blog writer and planner extraordinaire. Oh, yeah and she is kind of fond of living on a boat.